I am excited by the service offered at Plnnr.com. The site can quickly put together an Itinerary for a trip based on your travel style and interests. This is just the type of service that I would like to see mature and be applicable to a wide range of destinations.
The selections you make have a direct impact on the hotel and activity recommendations made by the site. I particularly like the way they put together a full day plan that maximises the available time. You can easily make changes to the suggested itinerary and accommodation to fit your requirements.
The site provides excellent information for each of the recommended sites and links to external service providers to assist with obtaining more information, or to initiate accommodation bookings. A superb feature of plnnr.com is that you can boost or reduce certain travel preferences to encourage an itinerary that better matches your interests. For example, I chose to boost ‘Architecture and Design’ and reduce the importance of ‘Zoo’ in my trip to San Francisco. This resulted in the itinerary including Architectural points of interest such as the Transamerica Pyramid. The current interface can result in dramatic changes to the itinerary and I would like to see future updates allow for more subtle and controllable changes. You can place a green check mark next to your must see attractions to ensure they stay in your Itinerary though!
Reasons to love this site:
- Quickly and easily gives you a great trip itinerary to help you make the most of your precious travel days
- Itinerary can be shared through many on line services such as Facebook and Twitter, or privacy can be maintained.
- Your Itinerary can be printed for sharing with less computer savvy relatives and friends.
Improvements I would love to see:
- More granular control of Itinerary changes when travel preference changes are made
- More travel locations need to be added
- It would be nice to more easily add multiple destinations and link them together with transportation options
I really look forward to see the ongoing improvements that Mosi Shuchman, Imri Goldberg and the Plnnr team make in the future.